Mission Theology Anglican Conference - Reconciliation and Mission
Date: 27th March - 30th March 2017
Venue: St George's College, Jerusalem
Led by: Chairs: Bishop Graham Kings and Dr Muthuraj Swamy
Reconciliation and Mission
Dates: 27th - 30th March 2017
Host Institution: St George's College, Jerusalem
Host: The Revd Susan Lukens, Associate Dean of St George's College
Chair: Bishop Graham Kings, Mission Theologian in the Anglican Communion and Dr Muthuraj Swamy, Associate Professor in Theology & Religion and Dean, Faculty of Theology and Formation, Union Biblical Seminary, Pune, India.
Location: St George's College, Jerusalem
Theme: Reconciliation and Mission
Funded by: St Augustine's Foundation
Bishop Graham Kings and Dr Muthuraj Swamy co-chaired the first Mission Theology in the Anglican Communion Intercontinental Webinar from 27-30th March 2017. Archbishop Suheil Dawani and Dean Hosam Naoum are delighted with the webinar.
Contributors and papers:
- Revd. Dr. Yohanna Katanacho, Academic Dean, Nazareth Evangelical College, 'The King of Peace and His Young Followers'
- Dr. Muthuraj Swamy, Dean, Faculty of Theology and Formation, Union Biblical Seminary, 'Reconciliation Grounded in Self-Criticism, Pro-activism and Justice: Lessons from Jesus’ Encounter with the Syrophoenician Woman'
- Revd. Dr. Lydia Mwaniki, Director of Theology, Family Life and Gender Justice in The All Africa Conference of Churches, 'Women, Reconciliation and Mission an Africa: A Biblical Mandate'
- Dr. Naw Myatt Hsu Mon, Academic Dean, Holy Cross Theological College, 'Missio deo in the context of Myanmar Anglicans'
- Rt. Revd. Samuel Enosa Peni Tari, Bishop of Nzara, 'Reconciliation and Mission'
- Prof. Joanildo Burity, Lead Researcher/Professor at the Joaquim Nabuco Foundation, 'Mission and reconciliation: can embattled faiths listen to powerless theologies?'
- Rt. Revd. Dr. Samy Shehata, Bishop of North Africa and Principal of the Alexandria School of Theology, 'Reconciliation and Mission: Church as Communion in Contemporary Egypt'
- Revd. Dr. Naim Ateek, Founder of the Sabeel Ecumenical Liberation Theology Center in Jerusalem, 'Reconciliation and Justice in Palestine-Israel'
- Dr. Abiola Mbamalu, Academic in Nigeria specializing in Pentecostalism, 'Christian-Muslim encounter in Nigeria especially in light of Boko Haram'
- Rev. Dr. Gustavo Gilson Oliveira, Vicar of the Anglican parish of Bom Samaritano, Recife, and professor at the Federal University of Pernambuco, 'Reconciliation, Conflict and Renewal: Dilemmas and Paths of Missionary Action in the Anglican Episcopal Church of Brazil'
- Revd. Dr. John Tsukada, Priest in the Diocese of Tokyo, 'To Be the Reconciled Priority'
The papers will be revised and published in the Mission Theology in the Anglican Communion series with SPCK.
The conference was reported by the Anglican Communion News Service: http://www.anglicannews.org/news/2017/03/conference,-hosted-in-jerusalem,-links-up-theologians-from-around-the-globe-via-the-internet.aspx